Monday, June 16, 2008

June Full Moon Ride - Just a few days away!

It's hard to tell what Friday night will bring weather-wise, but as far as I'm concerned, the night-time ride is still on. It looks like we have about 8 people interested so far. Read the safety/lighting requirements and sign up if you want to join us.

The actual route map and directions will only be sent out over e-mail. I'm not posting the intricate details publicly. I'll just tell you these tidbits to help you decide:

  • 35-40 mile out-and-back route
  • Starts at 9pm somewhere in Lenexa, KS
  • Turn-around somewhere near DeSoto, KS
  • We will have regroup checkpoints
  • You should have enough lighting (or spare batteries) for at least 4 hours of night riding
Badger came up with the route, so I don't know if there are convenience stores along the way. You may consider bringing a little extra nourishment and hydration along.

Needless to say, this ride has the potential to go into the wee hours of Saturday morning depending on how fast or slow the riders are. At this rate it looks like I'll be piloting Hybridzilla on soft, squishy tires. I will definitely be slow.

1 comment:

dvicci said...

I'll be there with bells on. Well... not really, at least unless I decide to go buy one this week.

My choice of wheels is entirely dependent on the weather. Good weather will see the nimble Torelli under me. Poor weather will see the rugged Kona out and about.

Either way, it'll be a blast!

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.