Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's looking gloomy!

There is definitely some cloud cover moving in, but to further the gloom, my commute is happening entirely before sunrise now, with or without the atmospheric haze. Just a month ago, the sun was peeking over the horizon halfway into my trip to work. Now, the sky's ablaze in the morning, but I don't get to see the fireball come to the surface while I'm on my way downtown.

The forecast varies depending on who you wish to believe, but it sounds like we're in for about 30% chance of storms today. Honestly, it looks a little more certain than 30%, but we'll see.

Despite the ominous blanket over the city, I saw bikes aplenty this morning as I grabbed my mediocre-yet-satisfying mocha. Once again, I'm looking forward to running a batch of Nitro through my French Press once the initial caffeine buzz from my mocha begins to subside.

Also, I'm still not completely sold that my weekend of suffering was due to a sinus infection. I won't go into details, but there's a symptom I've got that's pointing to an infection under my gums somewhere. At least the fever and pain are gone. The tenderness is still there, though. I think I'll probably go ahead and fill this prescription for antibiotics. I was going to just forget about it since the fever's gone and I don't like taking meds that I don't absolutely have to take, but this seems to be a pretty tenacious infection. The symptoms started a little less than a week ago, and it's time to kick my defenses into high gear.

Random Tunage:
Orbital - Impact (the earth is burning)
Crystal Method - Busy child

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those chosen few who when I have any persistent sinus trouble at all, it turns into an infection. Antibiotics are good! Wouldn't be here without 'em.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.