Sunday, February 11, 2007

This month's Bicycling Magazine

I've been picking up Bicycling for the past 5 months or so. It usually has some cool articles and plenty of eye-catching ads for gadgets that can make a geek like me drool. This month's issue, though, has a lot more information that I think really applies to almost every cyclist, myself included. This includes a few quick exercises and some really good tips on maintenance, repairs, and cycling form in general. All in all, I think this is one of the best issues I've read since I started cycling again.

Even if you don't subscribe or pick it up every month, it's worth finding a copy on the newsstand and flipping through it. Even if you've been riding for years, you might just learn something.

3 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Ironically, I packed my issue of Bicycling Mag. in my "personal effects carrier", this morning. (It's not a purse, it's European).

I get Adventure Cycling's magazine, which has some interesting podcasts
here, and is also a good read.

Your posts lead me to believe you may be a roadie along with commuter. My alternative bike style is touring. Lots of one night overnight rides.

Noah said...

If I'm a roadie, I'm a roadie with two mountain bikes, and a jeans-wearing Fred to boot.

Actually, touring interests me quite a bit, but I doubt many roadies actually look forward to technical terrain, snow, and harsh conditions like I do.

amidnightrider said...

I remembered there was another bike. If I recall, your riding a winter beater now.

Our first major snow was predicted for Wednesday. Things are changing however to a rain mix.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.