Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More downtown bike parking on Baltimore

I had to drive today. I woke up half an hour after the last bus left Olathe this morning. I guess between the 20+ miles I rode yesterday and the fact that I stayed up until almost 1:00 this morning, I was just too far gone to hear my alarm go off at 5:30.

Anyhow, yesterday I noticed that they're finally clearing up some of the construction on Baltimore. It looks like FREE CAR PARKING, but more importantly, BIKE RACKS to go with it, just as a few of my regular readers had discussed in a previous post of mine. They sacrificed the outside lanes on Baltimore to create dozens of new parking spots, and at least along the eastern sidewalk, I saw no less than three "camel-hump" style bike racks, each of which is designed to hold three bikes, but could easily accomodate more, with some creativity -- such as parking next to the full rack on either side, and locking to it the way one would lock to a lamp post, for example.

So, it looks like KC's parking plan near the new P&L District is finally starting to come to fruition. Thanks to my readers for pointing out the parking plan to me.

1 comment:

Eric Rogers said...

I think these are part of the Barkley Advertising headquarters there in the TWA Building. There is another rack on the other side of the building, on Main Street.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.