Friday, August 24, 2012

Dark Side Ride: Once in a blue moon

Although "Blue Moon" has several definitions, the one that seems most popular is the coming of a second full moon within the same calendar month. Since we had a full moon on August 2nd, we're going to get in by the skin of our teeth on August 31st. The last time we had this kind of Blue Moon was in December of 2009.

With that, we're celebrating with yet another edition of the Dark Side Ride.

Where: Meet at the Wendy's parking lot just north of K-10 and Woodland Rd in Lenexa.
When: Friday, August 31, 2012. We roll out at 9:00 PM sharp. Be there early enough to roll at 9.
Route: It'll be a surprise! Expect 20-30 miles.

A few things to note:

  1. Usually, our DSR includes a stop by a convenience store for the emptying of bladders as well as the purchasing and consumption of beverages and snacks. I have a feeling this route will not include such accommodations.
  2. We ask everyone to use helmets, reflective/hi-vis gear and to bring along lighting that's good for up to 3.5 hours of darkness.
  3. I have a feeling that Blue Moon might be available after the ride. It would only be appropriate.

3 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Count me in. Since there will be no convenience stores, you'll be bringing your new trailer stocked with refreshments for everyone, right? :)

Noah said...

I'd actually considered that. I mean, I do have a cooler that'd fit in/on the new trailer. But... well, we'll see. I have not yet tried pulling it with the Trek. I do know that you would not want to have me along for the ride with it and Frank, unless you really like 7 MPH average speeds.

Steve Williams said...

Hmmm, 7mph with a cooler of Blue Moon, or finishing sometime before 3 in the morning. OK, I'll just bring a couple of water bottles for myself, and wait until the end for a cold one :)

Great job on the trailer, I've been wanting something similar for grocery store runs.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.