Saturday, June 21, 2008

June Moon Ride

Chris arrives (by car) to ride with Dave and I to the ride.


Chris and Dave


At the start point. Badger is mooning us?


Amnee and Jason showed up. I know both of them. Jason through classes at JCCC and Amnee through the Monday Night rides.


C'Dude's Sweet vintage Trek.


Left to right: C'Dude (almost out of frame), Dave, Al, Jason, Crowbar, Chris, Amnee (hiding behind Chris) and Badger (almost out of frame too). Counting myself, we had a crowd of nine. Awesome!


Abstractness.


Rest stop in De Soto, KS.










C'Dude needs wipers for his glasses. This is a bug splat.


It wouldn't be a June Full Moon Ride if it wasn't june or close to being a full moon, would it? Here, the moon is rising over the highway and between some trees.


More abstractness


A quick regroup before the death slog. One of many slogs, actually.


Even more abstractness.


All in all, I put 81 miles on since I woke up...errm yesterday at 5:00. Now, it's almost 1:30 and time for me to go to sleep.

6 comments:

Frogman said...

We saw you on Santa Fe Trail when we were on the way to dinner. I waved from the Beater Scort...

amidnightrider said...

I'm having trouble getting people to do night rides lately. During Feb and March I almost had to beat them back. WTF?

Chris said...

WooHoo that was a fun ride! I wish you would have gotten a photo of that skunk family polluting up the air. I don't think you could have asked for nicer weather in Kansas for an evening ride; upper 60's NO WIND and moderate humidity. Thanks everyone who showed up and Noah for suggesting this dark pleasure...

Jason said...

Had a great time! Indeed it was a perfect night for this ride. Thanks for putting this together. I'm up for a ride like this anytime!!

Anonymous said...

Noah, that's awesome. When I ride in the mornings it's awesome to see the moon up in the early moring sky. Maybe I should try a moon ride at night or start one here.

Apertome said...

Man, that looks like fun. I am not terribly comfortable riding at night, especially not long rides like that. I suppose riding in a group and brighter lights would help, though. Still, I tend to only do night rides when the days are short. This reminds me I should do them more often.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.