Monday, January 07, 2008

Riding in shorts in January...

... and sweating my ass off!

This morning, Temps were right at 60. I was wearing my chamois, MTB shorts and UnderArmour running shirt. I also wear some ear cover below 60, so I had my headband on but didn't really need it. I was plenty warm.

I wore the same thing this afternoon minus the head band. A little bit of sunshine burned off most of the road moisture, and I decided to ride all the way home. With temps clearly in the upper 60's, it was an amazing ride. It dropped about 10 degrees in the last 5 miles of my trip, into the upper 50s.

I switched to long pants and a long-sleeve shirt, then rode to the Monday night ride. I put in 10 miles there, then ran some errands afterwards and came home.

It's amazing how smooth and responsive a road bike feels after about 2 months on a mountain bike. Sadly, it will have no place on the road tomorrow, so I'm swapping bikes out again. I promised myself that I'd stick to the Sorrento this winter, and today was a good day to break that promise. I'm not pushing my luck, though. Rain and snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.

Today: 33.7 miles
January: 61.3 miles

Random Tunage:
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
Nine Inch Nails - God Given

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.