Friday, November 16, 2007

Just to see what it's like...

I'm trying to push myself a bit on the cold weather thing, so like a complete and total nincompoop, I departed today (30*F, -1*C) with long pants, but no balaclava for my face, no long finger gloves, and only a short-sleeved t-shirt and a headband for my ears. Granted, this was another bus day for me, but I am trying to really get acclimated to the weather, and over-layering isn't doing me any good. On full trips, I find myself having to slow down a lot and peel layers off if I wish to keep from sweating. I figure it's better to get used to the cold and dress a little lighter than it is to turn into a slow-riding sweat machine.

Really, the only thing that made me suffer was the fingerless gloves. I got to the bus stop pretty early, then found myself waiting in a parking lot wearing a t-shirt and headband for warmth in sub-freezing weather. I had a long-sleeve work shirt with me that I could have tossed on to stay warm if hypothermia started to set in, but 30 degrees really isn't that cold. Just think of it as 272 degrees Kelvin; that makes it sound nice and roasty!


Random Tunage:
Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - If You Leave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah, this sounds like a perfect scenario for the flu! Hypothermia comes on quick and can leave you a blabbering fool before you know what hits you. Get some wool...it works from 70 degrees and lower!

Badger

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.