Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Okay, who turned the A/C on?!

My wife and I have been letting nature run its course in regulating the temperature inside our apartment. When I woke up this morning, it was a rather nippy 65 degrees inside. I'd almost feared that my wife had somehow turned the A/C back on for some reason, but the HVAC was sitting there, idle and happily letting the temperature plummet. A quick glance at the weather would tell me that we'd dropped more than 10 degrees outside, skipping from the low 50s to the high 30s in one brisk slap from mother nature's pimp hand.

My wife is working a little different schedule this week, so she wasn't home to wake me up. I called her at work, asking if she knew where some of my clothes had run off to. I had trouble finding my below-40 riding gear this morning and got off to a late start. I decided to attempt a full commute regardless of the temperature, but when I saw it was approaching 6:00AM by the time I got to 75th, I pulled a u-turn and rode to the bus stop instead. There was no way I'd make it downtown before 7:00. My clothing assortment would have been a winner for the temperature, so I noted what I wore and that it's a good combination for the high 30's.

Lorin and I took off from the bus and almost ran over a display stand in front of Starbucks where they were handing out DoubleShot Energy drinks. We eschewed it and went indoors for something to warm our souls. On my way out, I grabbed one of the free beverages for later on at work. It should accompany my Caribou bar just fine.

JR was waiting at Starbucks as well. Bob also showed up shortly after I'd settled in to quaff my steaming, sweet concoction. We discussed cold-weather clothing, tire choices and strategy, and various nervous system disorders. Don't ask.

We're supposed to be in the mid-60s by the time I get out of here this afternoon. I brought along some lighter clothing for the trip home in hopes that I might be able to make the full return trip by bike. We'll see how I feel.

Random Tunage:
Fluke - Atombomb (Straight 6 remix)
Nine Inch Nails - Sin (dub)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those doubleshots pack a good punch. i use them on long road trips.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.