Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mid-50s morning

It was almost warm enough for shorts this morning, but I'm glad I didn't wear them. My cargo pants and a long-sleeve T-shirt was just perfect. I kind of suffered from bike hypnosis this morning, and didn't really wake up until I begun the slog up Main street. I'd love to tell you how my ride was, but I really don't recall much.

I do remember that the road bike was a welcome change, though. I wasn't any faster than I have been recently, but it was just nice letting the bike carry the load, sitting in the more comfortable saddle, and having a middle chainring that's geared perfectly for most of my commute. On my hybrid, I find myself switching large to middle all the time. On the Trek, I stay in the middle chainring except for fast downhill sections, and never worry about spinning the middle chainring out at my usual commute pace.

I saw the usual people this morning. We discussed geeky things over coffee.

Random Tunage:
Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire
Information Society - Walking Away

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.