Thursday, September 13, 2007

Great evening ride

I zipped down Broadway for the first time in quite a few weeks this morning. Broadway's one of those roads that has more traffic on it than I like to ride in, and this traffic is pretty much constantly dicey from 7am to 6pm. It lets up a bit around 10am and again about 2:30 or so, but only for about an hour. That doesn't even count the wheelkiller stormdrains on the highway overpass next to Bartle Hall. While Broadway lacks traffic comfort and wide lanes, it more than makes up for it when you're going southbound. Around what would be 15th street, it takes a massive dive, letting me easily coast to speeds approaching the legal limit. If I pushed it, I could likely obtain near-highway speeds at the potential cost of my own life. Needless to say, I don't need wide lanes once I'm there, because I easily keep up with traffic. I had a blast this evening during my urban egress.

When I got to The Brewery, I saw Chris on his bike. He must have snuck out a bit early. Southwest Boulevard was, as usual, carrying me directly into the wind for the ride home. This is my first time riding the full round trip since August 31, and I can feel it. I've kind of lost my groove. Toward the end of my journey, my calf was trying to cramp up, but that kind of started while I stood on my tip-toe for too long waiting for a light to change.

It felt pretty good to ride home, though. It took a bit longer than usual, but it was worth it. My sinuses don't feel as bad, but they still have some drainage. I think it was about 83 degrees on the way home, just about perfect for a nice ride home.

Random Tunage:
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Regina Spektor - Fidelity

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.