Sunday, July 29, 2007

The weekend wrap-up

Friday night I surpassed 600 miles by making a little grocery store run on my MTB in the rain.

Yesterday, my sister in law and niece came over to spend the night. My niece brought her tricycle and I got the Sorrento adjusted for my sister in law. Since the rack on the Explorer can only carry two bikes, I put my wife's Townie and the Sorrento on it, then hit the road on my Outlook to meet them at the trailhead about 3 miles away.

I haven't ridden the Outlook since May. The tires were still holding air and everything seemed to be in good adjustment except for some slight ticking from the bottom bracket. The cones on the rear hub could stand a tiny bit of tightening, too.

It was fun riding the Outlook again. It's definitely got a completely different feel than any other bike I've got. As a bonus, I got to play with a wolf spider that my niece almost stepped on. He was quite a big fella.

My niece is a real trooper. She hung with us riding her fixed-gear trike (hah) for almost 2 miles on the trail. You can see the rest of the photos here.

Random Tunage:

Sixpence None The Richer - Breathe
Michelle Tumes - For the glory of Your name

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.