Monday, June 11, 2007

Uhoh! Gremlins!

I didn't notice any of this stuff last night when I got groceries on the Trek, but this morning, she seems to be plagued by gremlins!

The first problem I noticed is that my computer had stopped responding. I wasn't paying attention to it as I was walking out the door with it, but when I glanced down to look at my speed as I often do when slogging up my first climb, I noticed it was reading 0.0. I know I'm not riding that slow. I clicked out, leaned over the bars and fixed it at the stop light.

Before I could fix that, though, I also had noticed that my rear derailleur was refusing to shift into the top (smallest) gear. My shifter would release cable slack, but it wasn't shifting. I still haven't figured that out yet, but I'm hoping it's just something simple, like my pannier contacting the RD and keeping it from moving any further outward. I know how to check the derailleur for straightness and how to adjust the high screw, too. I'm sure I can fix it regardless of cause.

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't bad, just slightly annoying. I need my coffee. You can guess where I'm heading when I get off the bus :)

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.