Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Group ride madness

Well, I went to the group ride tonight. A lot of people showed up, maybe 30 or so? Anyhow, I ended up getting a flat about a mile away from the end of the trip. Thanks to the LocalCycling/Trek Store jersey-wearing folks (whose names I still don't know) for stopping and lending me a hand.

Fortunately, I had everything with me that I needed to get back on the road. The guys just made it go faster, and made sure I knew my way back to the shop. Their help was really appreciated. We found a construction staple in my tire, cleared it, and I replaced the inner tube with my spare. When I got back to the shop, I patched my old inner tube, rolled it back up, and tossed it in my seat bag. I love having spares. I'll need to buy a new patch kit soon, though. I'm down to one patch left, and the glue's lid is cracked, so the glue might be hard to get out of the tube next time I need it.

10.4 miles total tonight. Not a bad trip.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Group rides can be a blast.

Because there are no night group rides around here, I end up alone. But night riding is fun.

Noah said...

You like riding at night?! I don't think I could have guessed that! Haha!

I like riding at night as well. With the daylight saving time change, the sun is almost (but not quite) behind the horizon as we pull in at the end of the trip.

Before the time change, the ride was basically just getting started as the sun had just set, getting us back to the starting point in darkness.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.