Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wow!

Talk about a beautiful night for a ride! With the Bass Pro Shop grand opening going on here in Olathe tonight, I decided to stay very far away from any roads that people would be using to get there. All of my normal commute routes take me within half a mile or so of the new shop, so I took College Blvd across to Ridgeview tonight. For those of you who aren't from around here, that doesn't mean much. I also took a little trail and rode through a residential area just for giggles.

College Blvd at night is a bit scary, especially for about a mile where it's down to one lane either direction with no shoulders and lots of hills and no street lights. It was a little tense for a while. The additional hills and scenery were a welcome change to my usual grind, and it was deliciously cool out, around 50 degrees. Cool enough that I don't overheat, warm enough that just my t-shirt and backpack provided enough protection. If it stays above 45 (it probably won't) overnight, I won't even bother with a windbreaker.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.