Wednesday, February 14, 2007

That's what I'm talkin' about!

The rain finally turned to snow Monday night, but I didn't get to ride on it until last night due to it being my wife's birthday. She had the day off and we both thought it best for me to get home as soon as I could. I drove my car to the bus stop instead of driving all the way downtown. With traffic backed up the way it was, I couldn't have gotten to or from work any faster than my bus did, and I didn't have to drive on the highway or pay for parking. Today, she's stuck at work on Valentine's day and I was happy to be able to hit the snow before it goes slushy.

It was a brisk 8 degrees F outside this morning and a really nice ride save for my first close encounter of the glare-ice kind. I did not fall over, but I did have to hop out of the saddle and put both feet on the ground when the back just kind of slipped out from under me. This snow was also a bit different than the other stuff I've seen. It's a lot stickier and denser, and clings to my tires the way mud does. This is probably due to the massive amount of standing water it had to absorb after all the rain we got right before the snow.

Anyhow, I woke up on time, made it to the bus on time, and when I get downtown, I'll probably grab a mediocre cup of some kind of coffee beverage.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.