Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Whee-ee-eeee-e-e-eee-eeee!

Snowy, icy boulders made for an extremely challenging and bumpy ride home tonight. I went to JCCC, then came along College Boulevard to Strang Line to get to Bike America. The drivers can barely keep from hitting other cars, so I took it off the road and onto the boulder-covered sidewalk all the way there. No wipe-outs. I can't believe how sure-footed these cheapo knobbies are. They're the factory original tires that came on my Diamondback Outlook, and they're made by Ching Shen, a popular manufacturer of budget tires. Keep in mind I was wearing about 30 pounds of gear on my back, in the form of clothes, a laptop, and other stuff I needed for work.

I'm actually pretty sore right now, but it was fun while it lasted. I did try to say "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!" when I was barreling through a slight downhill, but it came out kind of choppy due to the boulders!

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.