Thursday, January 18, 2007

Got some coffee, rode in some snow

I've been taking the bus to JCCC where my wife works, pretty much every night she works. It's a bit further from home, but I get to see her for a bit, grab some supper for the both of us, and then I usually go to Daily Dose to chill for a bit.

Also, I have been playing with VeloRoutes (link in sidebar). It rocks, and tracks your elevation, and a bunch of other stuff assuming the data is there. It's based on Google Maps so it has to be awesome. I have mapped out all my routes in case you have been keeping an eye on my Commute Log.

JCCC to Daily Dose is 3.6 miles the way I go. I went to Daily Dose and back to JCCC for a total of 7.2 miles tonight. In the snowy sidewalk, nonetheless. I'm still too chicken to ride on Quivira. Traffic is really fast.


When I go straight home from the Dose, I take 127th street across. The new viaduct isn't in Google Maps yet, for a total of 5.7 miles.


My normal morning commute, and my evening commute when I'm not going to JCCC is about 2.8 miles

When I go straight home from JCCC it's 6.8 miles. There's a shorter route, but it's treacherous and poorly lit.

In short, I love veloroutes.org. :)

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.