Monday, January 29, 2007

Good morning!

Okay, nothing spectacular this morning, per-se, just another successful commute. This makes 12 days so far, out of 21 work days. This definitely isn't the ratio I was shooting for, but it'll get better. We're still in January!

It wasn't quite single digit temperatures this morning, but it was darn cold. I was comfortable the whole ride in, with my thermal base layer, a hoodie, and a windbreaker on top and thermal base layer, flannels, and Dickies work pants on bottom, which are a little thinner than my jeans. I did have to slow down a bit to keep from working up too much of a sweat. It's amazing, as I keep getting to the bus a little faster even when I feel like I'm holding back. I can't wait to get back on my Outlook. I'm kind of planning on building up a Cyclocross bike once my wife and I move. That thing should really get me cooking, and it will probably be my ride for the MS-150 bike tour whenever I finally get fit enough to ride the distance. My initial choice is the Redline Conquest with 105 components. It's a lot like the Trek X0 but more affordable. I'd love to go with the Ti frame Conquest, but I don't think that will happen.

The above photo is my bike parked across from the Town Pavilion and in front of a police van this morning. There were two other police cars nearby, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

Here's a bonus shot of the TransAmerica building (on top of the Town Pavilion)

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

I went out riding both days this weekend. Like you I have all the clothes, and a good bike. The cold is not that much of an issue.

I just can't force myself to get up at 5 AM. Every evening I wish I had. Any day now, I'll start commuting again.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.