Thursday, December 14, 2006

Didn't ride in this morning

First off, I went and *TRIED* to see the meteor shower early this morning. My wife and I drove down to Powell Observatory since there was a lot of light pollution and haze over Olathe. The haze ended up being really thin overcast cloud cover, or possibly fog, that didn't show up on radar. Driving all the way out to Louisburg at 12:30 in the morning didn't help. It was still too overcast to see all but the brightest stars and meteors (which looked like fuzzy dots and creepy little cloud-obscured lightning respectively.) We got back home about 2:00 but I couldn't get to sleep until 3.

I also have a lunch meeting with a director and some fellow consultants at the consulting company I actually work for. It's definitely within biking distance, but I have no clue how long it will last.

Anyhow, it all boils down to the fact that I would NOT have enjoyed my commute today had it been by bike. There are a lot of reasons to use a bike instead of a car, and I value almost all of those reasons. I just happen to hold "Because I like it" higher than "To show those oil mongers who's boss" and "To make my co-workers question my sanity"

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.