Thursday, May 07, 2009

Arthur Bryant's for lunch with the RoadTwippers

I went to lunch with some of Kansas City's Social Media Butterflies and the RoadTwip crew, who are in the midst of a two-week-long road trip of the eastern part of the US. They breezed into town dark and early this morning, crashed for a few hours of sleep, ate lunch and saw some sights around KC, then took off to Nebraska for the BIGOmaha conference.

Arthur Bryant's has some great BBQ. They have no bike parking.

Here Jonathan Dingman is beta-testing Qik, a web streaming application. It's not officially out for the iPhone yet. Here, he was uploading live video of Jolie O'Dell giving a terse update on their road trip so far. You can view that update here. You can also follow the RoadTwip via their blog, and check out a post that was made on ReadWriteWeb (which features my ugly, fat mug)

I didn't get many photos, as I left my camera in the office. Lame. After lunch, Jolie and Kurt Daradics (also on the road trip) wanted to interview me Guerrilla Web 2.0 style to talk about bicycle commuting and some other stuff. It was a good time!

I haven't aired my tires up in over a week. They were feeling squishy this afternoon. Tip: If you rely on your bike, always keep a pump or CO2 with you, even if you don't carry any other tools.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.