Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tainted Fountains

Saw this residential entrance fountain that got "soaped" on my way to church this morning. The one on the other side of the road was intact. This seems like a ridiculous waste of soap and a real pain in the butt to clean up. Some people will do anything for a laugh, as long as its at someone else's expense, though.


Lenexa, KS is celebrating its history in the Spinach Industry. A few times per year, Lenexa colors the fountain in front of city hall. Notably: Pink for October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month) and Green during the time around the Lenexa Spinach Festival.


20-some miles on the bike today between church and errands. Tomorrow and at least through the end of the month are probably going to be solo bike commutes. Karen's done with work for a while (her job is best described as "seasonal" but it's more complicated than that) and no one else has really shown interest in riding with me since I'm on the road so early. With the new sun schedule and whatnot, though, I might be skipping the morning coffee a lot more often, and leaving a bit later in the morning.

3 comments:

Doug said...

The soap reminds me of my college summers working the flume rides at Six Flags Great America. Every fall, when most of the summer help had gone back to college and the park was only open on weekends, the ride mechanics and ride operators would conspire to soap both flume rides. It was quite a sight seeing boats coming into the station in a mound of soap suds and all you could see of the guests were their hands waving through the suds.

Noah said...

That sounds like a BLAST! I think if I saw that, I'd demand it be a year round attraction!

Ken Harris said...

I'm riding with you. I'm just doing it in Lawrence...

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.