Monday, August 11, 2008

Back in KC

Well, I'm back from Defcon, and I had a really slow start. One could easily say I have a case of the Mondays.

On one hand, I come back to KC, really revitalized with a new passion for the kind of work I do. On the other hand, I am recovering from getting 2-3 hours of sleep per night while in Las Vegas.

I got to meet a lot of really cool people, many of which are "thought leaders" or who carry "big names" in the security industry. I got to interact with them on a panel:


...In full-on technical talks and presentations:


Even more people in a bit of a round-table discussion kind of way over a nice sushi dinner:


And yet others, such as Jon King here, on a very casual social level (such as at a rave):


I even got to experience Transit out there in Las Vegas. Their express bus service uses double-decker busses and is called "The Deuce" - I just about crapped myself laughing when I read it. In the afternoon, it's a surprisingly fast way to get around Vegas. After dark? You might as well walk. It's so crammed and so slow due to how clogged The Strip gets at night. I also gave the Taxi a try a few times. Dangerous and expensive are the only words I can use to describe it. Also, the i-Hacked.com guys and I took a Limo to In-n-Out Burger on Thursday. We had enough people to split the limo fare that it ended up being cheaper than a taxi. Plus, he waited for us while we ate. Big Pimpin'

I rode to the bus this morning, but will be riding the whole way home. The weather got really nice in KC while I was out in Las Vegas. It was less than 70°F when I woke up and I think it's barely in the 80's now. You won't find me at the Monday night ride tonight. I just don't have it in me today. Tomorrow will hopefully begin the return of daily bike-only commuting.

Random Tunage:
Orbital - Style
Real McCoy - Another Night

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.