Monday, August 10, 2009

Piloting a lightning rod

Heebie Jeebies. I narrowly avoided thunderstorms on both ends of my commute today. Strangely, the pavement was still so hot that the rain from overnight storms had mostly evaporated. Not so much for the afternoon storms. Soaky soaky.


New axe: Fender Precision Bass, given to me by a close family friend who needed more room in his stable. I rocked it out on praise team yesterday. I love the sound. The action is somewhat different than the Washburn I usually play. It will take a little getting used to. This is the third bass guitar I've ever laid my hands on, so I don't have much to compare it to. But it does sound very warm, and the pickups are pretty hot for being passive.


Our container garden yielded one cucumber so far. That's it. One. Radishes were a no-go, snap peas didn't thrive. I'm holding out for the green onion. It's still got a few weeks left.


Ants, this morning. They were slowly but surely reclaiming the remnants of a baby bird back to the earth from which it came.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What zone are you in? If you were expecting snap peas or radishes now-ish, you're waaaaay too late. Plant those suckers as soon as you can dig your little fingers into the snow: no later.

Noah said...

Oh heavens, no... Those failed a long time ago! The radish plants grew, just didn't grow radishes. And We got two or three good pods off the pea plants.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.