Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome... to the Dark Side

A bunch of us (9? 10?) had a blast at what will probably serve as the last Dark Side Ride of 2008.

This was the sunset at about 7:00 or so.

I rolled up to the start of the ride at 8:30 and cracked open the coffee. I found out that my stainless coffee flask fits perfectly in the spring clip of the SunLite rack.


One by one, cyclists rolled up. Badger, c'Dude, Dave, Mike, Mike and the couple on the tandem who I'm too tired this morning to recall the names of.


On our way to Edgerton we picked up a few more: Randy (Kansascyclist.com) and Randy. Yes, two Mikes and two Randys on the ride. This was about half-way for us.




The tandem kept flatting out. I snapped this near New Century Air Center while we waited for them to catch up. Dave was back there helping them, so we waited.


A heavily-processed flash photo I took at one of the re-group points.


I rode to and from the ride, which added 29 miles onto the 38-mile night ride. This is my bike on the 127th Street bridge I used to ride on every day when I was first getting started commuting by bike and by bus. Riding over it again was like running into an old friend. Riding over it at 1:00AM was a little odd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah - THANKS for a fantastic time. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Everyone goes through bouts of flats - unfortunately it was their turn.

Sirrus Rider said...

By coincidence the Houston Moonlight Ramble was last night as well. Unfortunately, I didn't make it as I opted for a couple of tasty pints among costumed ladies. I must admit the the moonlight ramble does not have the appeal from when I was younger since taking up cycle commuting. I get to ride in the dark 1 to 3 three times a week so riding it the dark isn't as exciting as it used to be. I might do it next year just to cross it off my list of things to do.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.