Friday, August 22, 2008

Most enjoyable morning

I kicked off my morning with mild temperatures, lower humidity, and a great sunrise that I wish I could have caught on camera. The Twelve handles a lot differently with loaded panniers. Note that prior to this week, I hadn't ridden this bike at all since June 4th, and today was the first time with panniers on it since I started using it on Monday. It feels a lot more like the bike I remember, but it's completely different from the bike that I'd been getting used to.

As this is a relatively small frame, I had to adjust the rack quite a bit from the recommended settings. It's up quite a bit higher than my old rack used to be (adjustable-length main stays) and back as far as it will go, just so that my feet don't hit the panniers. The spring-loaded rack is nice, but it makes for an interesting time attaching the panniers, too. I think I've finally got that part figured out.

Now, we see how long this rear wheel holds up. I have a feeling that a static weight load combined with Kansas City's craptastic roads are both part of why I keep trashing spokes and ruining wheels.

Pics of the new setup coming tonight.

Random Tunage:
Denki Groove - Niji
Orbital - Lush 3-1

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.