It's hard to tell what Friday night will bring weather-wise, but as far as I'm concerned, the night-time ride is still on. It looks like we have about 8 people interested so far. Read the safety/lighting requirements and sign up if you want to join us.
The actual route map and directions will only be sent out over e-mail. I'm not posting the intricate details publicly. I'll just tell you these tidbits to help you decide:
- 35-40 mile out-and-back route
- Starts at 9pm somewhere in Lenexa, KS
- Turn-around somewhere near DeSoto, KS
- We will have regroup checkpoints
- You should have enough lighting (or spare batteries) for at least 4 hours of night riding
Needless to say, this ride has the potential to go into the wee hours of Saturday morning depending on how fast or slow the riders are. At this rate it looks like I'll be piloting Hybridzilla on soft, squishy tires. I will definitely be slow.