Thursday, June 05, 2008

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Chris hit me up online at about 1:30, telling me he was contemplating riding all the way home.

Keep in mind that the impressive wind we had this morning was not only going to make for a stiff headwind, but it'd been getting a little stronger as the day wore on. My first reaction was "are you nuts?!" but hey, I like miles. I have goals. I decided to give it a shot.

I got out a little early and went to Crown Center, near where Chris works, to scout for photo ops. Crown Center has this little fountain plaza that's been a treat for kids for as long as I can remember.






There are several other fountains around the commons area at Crown Center, too.





















Then there are some fixtures of Kansas City. The Buses.


The buildings making up the Crown Center Skyline just a few miles south of the towering buildings people think of in the downtown loop.




And The Link, an elevated walkway that joins several, if not all of the main buildings in Crown Center.


The Ice Chateau, lacking ice, obviously. I was tempted to take my bike out on it, that's some smooth cement.


The Valley Forge Statue of George Washington.


We saw these kids were riding in the creek. This area has been massively flooded very recently but I restrained myself from "educating" them. They seemed to think Chris and I were cool on our bikes.


Chris on Turkey Creek Trail.


I took Chris on a little off-road detour. He didn't come out and say it, but he was NOT amused.


After that, we spent a few minutes picking underbrush and clover vine out of our drivetrains.


Random Tunage:
Way Out West - Stealth (Nubreed Remix)
Fat Boy Slim - Santa Cruz

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Hey pare no big deal-I didn't expect it but I was fine really. I think I was more than anything just tired but don't think I was grumpy or not amused-it's all good!! I enjoyed the ride.

Noah said...

Uh huh. "Thanks for the adventure" you said, while flippantly rolling your eyes. :P

I know it was a blast. It was better the first time when it wasn't so thick. I was tired, too but you had 11 more miles.

Hey, you wanted to know what happened if we kept going straight through 80th street on Bond a few days ago. There you have it: Grass and clover.

MRMacrum said...

So you did some exploring and it got odd. Cool. That's how you find short cuts, new routes, and interesting things to stop and look at.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.