This is being posted in advance of my appearance on KCUR's Up To Date radio show in a little more than an hour. I may add more stuff here over the next couple of hours.
While I mostly use this place to share my pictures and carry on and on about my personal adventures in getting around the Greater Kansas City Area, I do actually have some useful information for bicycle commuters here:
- Tricks Of The Trade - Helpful tricks and tips for bike commuters
- Product Reviews - Things I've tried and liked... or didn't like!
Multi-Mode commuting using your bicycle and transit
- Google Transit maps - get transit schedules and route suggestions. In Kansas City, only works with KCATA's Metro and MAX buses.
- KCATA - Kansas City Metro and MAX information, schedules and route maps.
- The JO - Johnson County Transit bus information, schedules and route maps.
- TARC Bike Rack Rap - Humorous informational video of how to put your bike on the bus. The racks shown in the video are the same used on all MAX, Metro and The JO buses.
- MARC Guaranteed Ride Home - Bus riders, bicycle commuters and car-poolers can sign up for RideShare, which entitles you two two free taxi rides home in certain emergency situations. This alleviates the "what if" worry for many car-free commuters.
- kcbike.info: Commuting information - Links to many other great bike commuting tips for anyone, and some Kansas City-specific information.
- Commute By Bike - A portal with articles written by bicycle commuters, myself included.
- BikeCommuters.com - A bike commuting portal with a little more fun and casual feel to it.