Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hazy Morning

I didn't mention it yesterday, but I saw a lit-up, fast-riding mountain bike commuter last night, and didn't even make the connection that it was Dave. I guess he wasn't quite as oblivious, as he actually recognized me. Well, nice to see you again, Dave! It's worth mentioning that seeing Dave (even without knowing who he was) didn't take me by surprise. There have been a lot more cyclists out and about these days. More and more of them are plain-clothes riders with bags on their back or stuff bungeed to racks. Unless the look of recreational riding has done a complete 180 over the last year, almost all of these are likely riding for transportation, not just out for a summer bike ride.

As I departed this morning, the skies were overcast with broken cloud cover to the west. I ran into Karen on the way, and we pedaled along. She had derailleur problems last week, and this week she's using a mountain bike derailleur on her road bike. She also switched freewheels. Something isn't quite working right, because it's skipping a lot. I imagine either the chain is worn and had conformed the original freewheel, or the freewheel she's using now is excessively worn. Something isn't jiving though. It's got a friction shifter, so I know it's not the indexing of the MTB derailleur. Hopefully she gets it squared away soon.

As we rode, the overcast skies started to burn off a bit, leaving a hazy sky and ridiculously humid atmosphere in its wake -- 94% RH by the National Weather Service's data.


My morning Mocha at Starbucks.


JR's bike is out of frame, but it wasn't long before Bob showed up - I haven't seen him in about a month. He has Tuesdays off and sometimes joins us.


And then there was Lorin. Sorry for the crappy shots this morning.


We chewed the fat about pop culture (ugh) this morning. As if I don't get enough of that at the office.

Random Tunage:
Nine Inch Nails - All The Love In The World
Bryan Adams - Heaven

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.