Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hi there, February. Nice to meet you!

For what seems to be the first time this month, we actually have temperatures that I expect for February. 13 degrees upon departure meant I got to experiment with layering a bit more. Sure, the snow was common for February, but temperatures hovering just under freezing seemed a little bit out of place for this time of year -- And that isn't counting the really freaky warm days in our past. Indeed, this is much more akin to what I think February should be in Kansas City.

Don't get me wrong; I'm still ready for spring and the massive increase in riding that comes with it. If it's going to be cold in February, though, it had better be cold for real.

Word of the day:
grind [grahynd]
n.
Eight hours of lethargy interrupting an otherwise pleasant bicycle ride


Random Tunage:
Dr. DNA - Love Ball
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

2 comments:

dvicci said...

For this day, between the years of 1939 and 2005, and according to the U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN, for short), the average for this day is 30.74°F. For the entire month, we're looking at an overall average of 34.58°F. That's up from 29.05°F for January. We're definitely in the ballpark.

I too, cannot wait to make up some of these miles. Looks like I'll have one day a week regular that I'll have to drive on account of job requirements, but other than that, and barring more wimp-out days, I'm settling in.

Great song, btw.

Andrew said...

The front page of the Star this morning had a picture of a Metro bus that crashed into a building. The first thing I thought after I read there were no injuries was, "I hope no one's bike was on there."

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.