Monday, February 11, 2008

D is for Dreaded

Well, I've felt like crap most of the weekend. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Let's see... I had after-hours IT work to do during the wee hours of Sunday morning. That in and of itself was the final blow to my immune system. I didn't get to bed until close to 3:00 AM and I had to be up by 7:00. I got about 6 hours of sleep last night -- an hour more than usual but hardly what I'd call therapeutic.

With that, I decided shortly after waking up that I'd hoof it to the Dreaded Bus. I don't feel that sick right now, but with my sinuses partly clogged and a bit of a raw throat from breathing through my mouth all night long, I didn't feel that over-working my body, breathing in cold, dry air was a good idea. It's 12°F (-11°C) out with 56% relative humidity.

So, there you have it. My first non-bike commute of 2008. But at least I'm not driving.

Don't forget to guess the weight of my backpack to win a free jersey!

Random Tunage:
Peaches - Aa - Xxx
Alanis Morisette - Head Over Feet

1 comment:

Apertome said...

Sarah seems to be getting sick, too. I'm hoping I can fight it off, but not too optimistic.

Don't feel bad about taking the bus ... you're sick, take care of yourself! Oh and I can't imagine functioning on so little sleep. I used to but I can't do it anymore. Any less than 7 hours and I'm a zombie.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.