I wrapped up November on Hybridzilla, got off at Nieman and did the death slog over the viaduct which I so brazenly conquered this morning. This afternoon? Slow-o-rama.
Remember what I wanted November to be like?
- Clear 4,000 miles for the year (300 miles in November)
- Get acclimated to the cold
- Know when to make compromises using public transportation if I feel like I'm going to get sick.
What actually happened in November?
- I had another 400+ mile month
- I commuted by car 0 days
- I commuted by bike 21 days for a total of 268 miles
- Only 3 of those days were without bus assistance in one or both directions
- I ran 93 miles worth of errands by bike
- I went on 6 recreational rides totaling less than 50 miles
- I cleared 4,000 miles for the year
- I had tons of fun, and got really cold a few times while getting acclimated
- I got my first-ever blog comment troll, just a few days away from a year of blogging almost daily. Insults are the best flattery.
My goals for December:
- Not use the car for my normal work commute at all. Regardless of the errands I need to run before or after work. Regardless of the weather. No car for getting to or from work. This may mean a few trip on the Dreaded bus (the one that basically picks me up at my doorstep)
- Go on at least 3 mountain bike trail rides. Maybe try another park I haven't visited before. Kill Creek and Blue River parks are both pretty close.