Monday, October 01, 2007

Out of the riding slump?

I hope so. First, my homeward commute was relatively quick. Then, I rode out to get some tasty philly cheesesteak sandwiches for supper after I got home. Once I'd devoured mine, I took the panniers off my 1200 and headed out to the Trek Store. It felt good to hit the Trek Store ride tonight. It was in the low 70's when I got there. It got dark about 3/4 through the ride and temps fell quickly from there.

When I left to come home, it was completely night dark, just like it was when I left for work this morning. Temps had fallen to 66. My NiteRider started to dim about halfway home so I switched over to the Blackburn Quadrant, which did well as long as I kept the speed down. Even though my ride home was less than 20 minutes, the temperature had slipped even further into the low 60's. I was at 49.7 miles for the day when I got home, so I did a lap around the parking lot to nudge it up to a full 50 miles.

They're calling for rain tomorrow, so I'm going to break out the Sorrento. Depending on how well it fares for tomorrow's round trip commute, it might end up seeing more use pretty soon.

Random Tunage:
Steve Porter - Vodka Cranberries
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.