Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Loaded.

You'd think I was ready for some kind of monumental self-supported tour across several states, but I was actually just on my way home carrying a hoodie, some long pants, a spare pair of tennis shoes that I left to dry overnight, my laptop and associated gear, my lunch bag on top of the rack, and God knows what else.

This is the stuff I hate about this time of year. Yes, I complained about it this morning, but really, this is just insane.

Again, I did the whole ride home. It was nice but there was a headwind. Not a furious one, but a headwind. I managed to slice through it pretty easily, and this bike shines when you just want to go fast. A car made an attempt to cut me off on Broadway. It was the start of a typical "bicycles are slow, so I'm going to get in front of him" kind of maneuver. I kicked it up to 400 watts and held my lane. Looking at my cyclometer's max speed for the day, I was darting down Broadway at about 40 MPH. The driver eventually got the hint and merged in behind me. I got to enjoy other moments of speed as well, but many of these were just tuck-and-roll on downhill sections. None of those approached 40 MPH though, so I'm sure that my max speed for the day was the display of speed on Broadway.

Here's another glance at the massive panniers, ready to burst at the seams.


Random Tunage:
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Rob Zombie - Dragula

1 comment:

Doug said...

Unfortunately my Banjo Brothers panniers have burst at the seams....twice. They replaced them once, and the second pair blew out at the same seam. And I never overloaded them. Too bad, I like their stuff, but it can't handle daily use.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.