Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lazy weekend

I didn't do anything this weekend on my bike. I should probably take my hybrid out back this evening and clean the grime and gunk off the drivetrain from the past few weeks. A few days, I rode in the rain. The Boeshield T9 lubricant is keeping the chain rust-free but I can tell it needs to be wiped down at the very least.

I wasted my weekend away learning some new skills and playing with geeky things. I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished this weekend, but I'm still hung up on a few things related to setting up this Linux server. I've been into OpenBSD for so long that I've allowed a whole ton of features to creep into the Linux mainstream without learning much about them. That's for a different blog, I suppose. You're here to read about bikes.

Looks like my morning commute will be in the mid-40's, just like Friday morning. A long-sleeve shirt wasn't quite warm enough, so I'll figure something out to warm my arms up. Dare I say I wish I'd have bought some cycling-specific arm warmers? This is the perfect weather for them. I really, really want to make this a full week of round-trip bike-only commutes. I'm also planning on hitting the Tienda Casa Paloma Recovery Ride again tomorrow night. I'm hoping I can wedge 150+ miles in this week.

My wrist is still gimpy, but getting better. I probably could ride the road bike tomorrow, but I'd rather not agitate my wrist until it feels totally healed. So, here's to another week of being alive and pedaling.

Random Tunage:
Chris Tomlin - Not to us
Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.