Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sorrento is all back together!

I finished putting together the pieces of my Diamondback Sorrento this morning. It needed a serious brake adjustment, some drivetrain love, and derailleur tweaking. I took it on a brief shakedown run after assembly and it worked pretty well, so I decided to ride it to the KC PHP Users Group meeting. The round trip was about 14 miles, and uncovered a few minor annoyances that I still need to adjust out.

The front derailleur needs some more adjusting than I can accomplish with the shifter barrel, and both brakes could stand to be a little tighter. I adjusted them on the fly with the brake barrel adjusters, but I'd prefer to get them a little tighter without relying on the adjusters.

The ride was a little on the chilly side (50s), but I kept warm with my hoodie.

I've missed the bounciness and fun of the mountain bike. I really need to drag some people out to Shawnee Mission Park for more singletrack fun.

Random Tunage:
Nine Inch Nails - Sanctified
Rob Zombie - Dragula

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.