Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Won't do it again unless I need to

Well, it was interesting having hybrid-zilla out today, but it's just not the purpose-built commuter I need right now. It makes a good backup bike and I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a commuter if I get backed into a corner like this again. You won't see me commuting on it "just because", though.

It needs a bottom bracket, first off. It also needs a real rack. It has braze-ons for a rack, but I don't have a real one to go on it. Honestly, I really think this bike would be perfect for an Xtracycle FreeRadical conversion. With some minor fixes and an Xtracycle kit, this would be a SWEET commuter and grocery getter bike. It's not a bad bike, it's just not the best one in my stable for commuting.

Random Tunage:
Masters & Nickson Ft. Justine Suissa - Out There (Chillout mix)
Aria - One

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.