Tuesday, July 31, 2007

... or not

So, I got the Diamondback Outlook all geared up.

Lights: check.
Hooks for hanging the panniers over the seat-post rack: check.
Heels don't hit panniers: FAIL!

Okay, re-adjust panniers.

Heels don't hit panniers: check.
Shifts fine: check.

Let's roll!

I took it for a 5-mile run to a grocery store and back. On my way home: Ping-ping-ping-ping-ping!

What the!? No freaking way!

Yep, another broken spoke.

Now, call me over-prepared, but I actually carry a spare spoke on my hybrid bike. I limp it home and check it out. Since I have a spare spoke, it has to have TWO broken spokes just to be a pain in my butt.

So yeah. I guess it's another MTB-to-bus day tomorrow.

* UPDATE *

Change of plans - I swapped my hybrid's rear tire onto my mountain bike's rear wheel. I'm going to lose some of the better gearing I have with the cassette on the hybrid's wheel, but I don't have the tools to swap cassettes.

Anyone know any good wheel builders in Kansas City?

Random Tunage:
Orbital - Lush 3-3 (Underworld Mix)
Eminem - Without Me

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.