Friday, June 29, 2007

Well, I was going to ride all the way...

I found out that our company's data center is only a few miles further away from my apartment than my office. Yesterday, the forecast looked like it was going to be dry, but it's still soggy. In fact, I don't think it's stopped drizzling since it started earlier this week.

If it dried out, I was going to attempt a ride all the way to our data center, where I'll be testing a new product my company is thinking of using. Since it didn't stop, I am back on the bus. It's a little more difficult to get down to the data center in the morning just via bus. I have to go downtown on a Johnson County bus, then transfer to the Metro Area Express, take that way down south on the MO side of state line, then transfer off of the express route onto a local route that will drop me off within a mile of our data center.

Basically, I start at 87th street 6 miles from state line, go up to 10th street in downtown KCMO, then go back down to 63rd street right near state line. I probably put 60 miles on 3 different buses to travel 16 miles to the data center.

Anyhow, I'm on the MAX now, patiently waiting to get back down south to 63rd street.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.