Friday, April 13, 2007

Starting to sprinkle!

It's beginning to sprinkle this morning! I hope the rain clears up before my return trip.

After spending two days off my bike and getting plenty of sleep last night, I had no excuses. I pushed myself pretty hard (14.6 MPH Average) but not as hard as I did during last week's hammerfest. It felt pretty good to hammer up the hills. I didn't full-on mash it, standing out of the seat or anything, but I kept it in a higher gear than normal and just let my legs and lungs burst into flames, sparing neither cadence nor gearing to give them any reprieve. On the flats, I opened it up even further, making gratuitous use of my top two gearing combinations. I didn't hammer it on the flats as much as I did last week. I kept a quick pace going, though.

The weather forecast for this weekend looks pretty gloomy. I'm not sure where I'm going to get all my miles this month. My wife is off work today (and every Friday) and we have a lot of running around to do. I certainly won't be doing a lot of riding tonight, even if the weather's good. On the bright side, tonight might be the night I get my bike.

The blood is in the water, can you tell? I don't think I've been obsessed with anything this bad since *cough* someone pointed out a potentially unhealthy obsession with a certain coffee shop that shall remain anonymous. Heeheehee.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.