Sunday, April 15, 2007

More repairs?!

I noticed a really annoying clunk coming from my bike on my way home from church. I figured I probably messed something up when I did the R&R on my bottom bracket or front hub cones.

As it turns out, my headset wasn't tightened as much as it should be, causing just a little bit of play and an accompanying pop in the top race when enough sideways pressure was exerted on it such as leaning into a turn. Darn threaded headsets. It was an easy adjustment. I also trued up my slightly-out-of-adjustment rear wheel so that I could close some of the brake clearance. It's had a 6-spoke section where runout was about 3/8" and I finally went in and fixed it. That was really easy, but I'd been putting it off for more than a month. Since this weekend has been a non-stop tune-up already, I went for it. I'm really hoping that these are the last things I'll have to do to this bike for a while.

I rode back out to Daily Dose tonight to see some people from church play live music. One of the performers is my own dad :) The 7-mile ride out here was without odd noises. I can only hope it stays that way.

What a wonderful evening for a ride! It's about 65 degrees right now. It looks like I'll log about 20 miles today. Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and about 70 degrees. I predict a heck of a turnout at the recovery ride tomorrow! I'll try to get some photos. I'm half-tempted to take the mountain bike out there for giggles, platforms and all. If I can get my wife's Explorer, I might run home and swap bikes. I'm definitely not commuting on the Sorrento tomorrow unless my Outlook decides to throw more mechanical issues at me tonight.

Update, not worthy of a new post:
After tonight, I'm at 148 miles. Halfway to April 30th and pretty much halfway to my goal of 300 miles this month. I'm right on course!

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.