Sunday, April 15, 2007

Commuting... to church!

Back in the fall, I used to ride to church quite often. It's a little further than my usual commuting destination (3.5 miles). I didn't ride to church much over the winter months, so this is my first crack at it in a while.

It's almost the same route that I take to the bus every day. I climb the big hill (pictured from a distance of about 1/4 mile) and then over the viaduct on 127th, except I never go north, I keep going east on 127th. For those of you in KC, my church is still a new community, and we're meeting at Olathe East High School. It was nice riding it in the bright morning sun at 8:15 instead of having the sun blinding me (and motorists) as it peeks over the horizon at 6:15 in the morning. The temperature was a bit lower than 40 degrees. A t-shirt, long pants and a hoodie sufficed.

I locked my bike to a bench in front of the school once I arrived. I carried a rugby shirt and my laptop in my backpack, and shoes on my rear rack. I could get away with wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans and cycling shoes in church; We're pretty laid back, but I personally wouldn't do it. A rugby shirt and dockers is about as informal as I get at church.

The past 2 years, my church's praise team has played at Rock The Light, a yearly Christian music festival in Kansas City. Today, I'm recording them live for this year's demo CD as they attempt to get into the lineup again. MacBook + Audacity = Awesome.

1 comment:

Sirrus Rider said...

Does you wife also cylocommute with you?? Or does she follow in the car??

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.