Monday, April 02, 2012

Laziness


Laziness, originally uploaded by KC-Bike.

Let's do this.

30 days of Biking kicked off yesterday with a ride to the auto parts store. I was in the middle of fixing the air conditioner in my car, when I realized I needed even more parts than I'd already acquired. So either I ride my bike (takes about 5 minutes each way) or I spend half an hour putting my car back together, drive two miles round trip, take my car back apart so I can replace the part I needed (which will take another hour and a bunch of effort). So instead of spending an hour and a half messing with stuff, I rode my bike. Obviously.

I have to have A/C in the car for my wife's sake, due to her medical issues. She's coming home this week, hopefully, after quite a while of being away. I wanted to make sure everything was going to work out well for her.

Every day bicycle commuting still isn't an option while she's away from home, but I'm going to make an effort to at least do some bicycling each day, even if it's only to check my mail on the other side of the apartment complex or make a quick errand.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I'm able to get a little riding in every day thanks to my folding bike. I can't do the whole commute either, but it's so easy to keep the bike in the trunk, so I'm usually able to get in a few miles here and there.

sport information said...

It's good to see you riding again.

amidnightrider said...

That last one was me with my high school lacrosse account. Sorry about that.

Noah said...

Still alive. I've been riding, just not as much as I'd like to be. It's usually in the dark, and it's rarely exciting enough to write about. I did miss writing about the last Dark Side Ride with commuterDude, though. I even took some pics.

Unknown said...

I would love to be able to commute to work, unfortunately I live down a 5 mile dirt and gravel road. While this is completely okay to bike on (if you are careful) the problem is that if one vehicle happens to pass it is like a giant dust bath. Cycling is otherwise awesome, I use to do a lot when I lived in the city. They promise paved roads here soon, and that would be nice even for leisure bike rides with my daughter. I am waiting for this too so my husband can learn how to ride a bike, can you believe it, I was amazed that his parents never allowed him to ride a bike (he cannot swim either).
Anyhow great blog, so glad to have some good bike riding weather again.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.