Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Omni-wind

Generally speaking, my commute is southwest in the morning and northeast in the evening. Riding in this morning was refreshing. Sunny, 53 degrees, and a good wind out of the southwest. This time of year, the wind generally tends to be out of the southwest, so that didn't surprise me.

When I got out of work, it was as beautiful as you could imagine. Fluffy clouds, bright sun, and 67 degrees... with a northeast wind. Ah, omni-directional headwind.

While there are a lot of siding track crossings along my route that can be dicey with traffic, I really do like looking at all the railroad scenery that adorns Santa Fe Trail Drive. If you see the tracks from the highway, or you drive along SFTD, you might think that the same railcars have been sitting there for the past decade. The truth is that a lot of those cars get moved hither and yon by small locomotive engines.

Pardon my grainy, tilted photos.




Random Tunage:
MGMT - Kids
Bloc Party - I Still Remember

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.