Thursday, February 04, 2010

Drive-through Woes?

Every once in a while, I get some kind of attitude for trying to get through a drive-through on my bicycle. Some places have a policy against serving pedestrians (walk-up customers) and to this day I still can't figure out why that is.

It's been a while, but it's usually places that close their lobby yet keep their drive-through open late. Certain pharmacies, banks, and fast-food places included.

I ran across this gem on QDB, a database of humorous (and not always work-safe) Internet chat quotes and logs.

[+MooG] my friend and his mates made up a big cardboard car out of a fridge box once
[+MooG] and went through the drivethrough
[+MooG] they even had one being the "radio", beatboxing
[+Formalhaut] McDonalds don't serve us when we walk through but BK do. More business for them, even if it is drunkards
[+MooG] and they did mime actions for the window winding and everything
[+MooG] wish i'd filmed it


And all this time I just try making motorcycle sounds to break the ice.

2 comments:

BluesCat said...

I ride my bike --- my recumbent no less --- through the drive-thru at two different Chase banks, the nearest Walgreens, the nearest Burger King and a liquor store: The Official BluesCat Beer Truck

The only thing which has ever been said was when a new pharmacist at the Walgreens did a double take and said "Wow, you be careful out there!"

MechanicMatt said...

Hey couldn't do the comment thing on your strange day posting, but wanted to chime in that I saw your bike on Cycling Inquisition the other day here (scroll down near to the end):

http://cyclinginquisition.blogspot.com/2010/02/homage-to-beater-bike-rain-bike.html

Thought you may like to know, and also I wanted to say good luck again with the job search. Remember there is no shame taking unemployment if you need to get a little help with the gap in between.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.