Friday, July 24, 2009

Whee!

The S24O starts tomorrow! I'm excited! I have confirmation from more than 12 of the 17 who have shown interest and many of them have made it clear that they're okay with a rain-or-shine situation.

I had a clothing malfunction (bad tear in some shorts) and my first flat in something like a year this week. The rear tire valve stem had finally had enough. The tube, age: 6,000+ miles is survived by three Park Tool glueless patches from my Bontrager Select days and the one and only heavy nail that managed to weasel its way through the defenses of my last set of Bonti Hard Case tires. The current rear has over 3,000 miles on it as well. It should last me through the summer, I hope.   I patched the tire on the bus ride home and was back on the road in no time.

Also, my new Cascadia fenders are delayed. Not too big of a deal. The weather is nice and I can handle getting wet in these temperatures. I rode for more than a year without fenders. I think I'll survive.

Hopefully, those are the last of the setbacks for a while. I'll keep you updated with a few posts from the road over the next few days!

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.