Thursday, July 02, 2009

Short week

Many financial companies are closed tomorrow, mine included. This is in observation of Blow Stuff Up Day err... Independence Day. But I won't be blowing anything up until Saturday.

Last week, the sweltering climes hinted of August more than a month early. This week, it feels like May in July and the bikes have been out out in full force.


I wandered to the grocery store to pick up my lunch yesterday and saw another one of those strange single-sided fork bikes locked up outside. It's a Cannondale F29. Not sure how practical an expensive cross-country 29er is for getting around KC for errands, but it beats a car, I suppose. As one friend of mine pointed out, it will tackle the pot-holes and steel plates with ease. And we do have plenty of those around here.


On my way back from grabbing lunch, I stopped by the fountains next to Barney Allis Plaza.


While there, I took some pictures for my review of the Ryders sunglasses I got last week. After a week of testing, I've got to say I like them a lot.



Grandstand Burgers. I met my wife there, but just got a snack as I had a late lunch. If you're in the area and like burgers, this little gem north of I-35 on Antioch (at Merriam Drive) serves the best I've had in KC.


A nice, relaxing swim put an end to another perfect summer day.


With that, I'll probably be silent until sometime next week. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures of explosions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm....Kelly Burger...

Its been too long since I've been to Grandstand...

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.