Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This is one for the books.



It doesn't matter which side of the political fence you hail from or which candidate emerges. This is history in the making either way, and I'm glad I could take part in it.



This is the third collision I've seen in as many days at this same location. The SPUI might move a lot more cars than other interchange designs, but unless you can move at a sustained pace of 35 MPH or so (that excludes most cyclists), these are pretty hairy.


I took this while I was waiting for the bus this afternoon (I didn't feel like braving 30 MPH headwind again). Fitting, I suppose, that I'm writing this post from the Emergency Room. Yes, another visit to the ER. Wife's not doing too well today.

3 comments:

Noah said...

I leave my wife's name out of things for privacy reasons. While it might seem that all I do with my life is work, ride my bike, and write about it, there's a lot more going on than meets the eye. I'm trying to keep this as focused on utility cycling and urban/suburban alternative transportation as I can, but there's a little bleed over from "Real life".

Anonymous said...

Your wife's name isn't important. What's important is we're all thinking of her and pray she recovers. Thanks for keeping us updated and thanks for voting.

Ed Stockwell said...

Noah, I enjoy reading about your trips. Hope everything works out okay with your wife.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.