Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hybridzilla - Stolen

My Red Diamondback Outlook was stolen sometime today, right in front of my apartment near 87th St. Pkwy and Quivira Rd.

It's a cheapo bike I snagged off craigslist, but it's my primary mode of transportation, and I'd kind of like it back.


  • 1999 Diamondback Outlook - Red
  • Weinmann ZAC19 Wheels
  • Forte Slick City ST Tires
  • White bottle cage
  • Clipless pedals with the test platforms still on them (for tennis shoes)
  • Giant(tm) Fenders
  • Blackburn cargo rack
  • Lots of reflective tape
It's unmistakably set up as a hybridized commuter bike (I called her "Hybridzilla"), and she's pretty hard to miss. I'd imagine all my accessories (DiNotte headlight, etc) are long gone, but the bike will probably be around somewhere. If you see a red Diamondback Outlook around (especially if it's set up anything like I described above), let me know. I've attached a photo.

All my other bikes are down and out in need of repair, so the sooner I find her, the better off I'll be.

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Not my neck of the woods, but I hope she comes home soon.

Dan said...

Man, this is horrible. I trust the police are involved.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it man. I've had a bike stolen before and it sucks. Hope you find it.

Chris said...

I've got a loaner for you until you get something fixed. Shoot me an e-mail.

(jeff)isageek said...

man that sucks...it is never a good feeling when something like that happens.

(jeff)isageek said...

man that sucks...sorry to hear that.

Anonymous said...

I will keep my eyes posted. I am in the urban area a lot and see quite a few bicyclists.

Doug said...

Sorry to hear about this. I wish I had something better to say, but all that comes to mind is, "That sucks"! It really does. I'd be so upset if some dip wad stole one of my bikes. I hope you find it.

Anonymous said...

One Sunlite Rack is on the way. Good luck.

Noah said...

Wow, dude! You're a life saver! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

My condolences, Noah. Gotta be heartbreaking.

Jason said...

Noah... This is awful! Sorry to hear about this!

Apertome said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. I really hope you get it back. Oh, and I hope the thieves get their due.

Tom said...

Right in front of your apartment!! Sorry to hear about it. I hope you find her.... and the cops nab the thief.

kG said...

PEOPLE * S U C K * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you need anything, let me know, man.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.